Executive Assistant to the CEO / Office Manager
Location: Toronto, Canada
Guestlogix is Making Air Travel a Great Experience Again!
Chances are you’ve been an airline passenger at some point in your life. You’ve likely had a similar on-board experience on every flight, and rarely found it to be modern and personalized. Guestlogix is changing how consumers feel about travel and how airlines provide a personalized and high-impact onboard retail experience for their passengers, while increasing revenues and profitability and boosting passenger loyalty like no other industry provider can. Check us out at www.guestlogix.com.
We're looking for talented, innovative leaders who want to join our crew to make it happen. Our crew gets the job done by owning problems and collaborating on solutions, with a customer first sense of urgency, and passion and dedication to make air travel a great experience again.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the Executive Assistant and Office Manager primarily provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship, and also provides operational support for the office to ensure a highly functioning and engaging working environment. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on all matters pertaining to the Office of the CEO. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects.
The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-focused and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, and organization, and administrative skills. Given the varied mix of responsibilities in this role, the Executive Assistant must be skilled in prioritizing a wide range of competing priorities and be able to maintain a realistic balance among these diverse demands. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
As a crew member, your role is to:
Provide Executive Support to the CEO:
- Complete a broad variety of administrative support tasks for the CEO including: proactively managing an active calendar of appointments and at times shifting scheduling; completing expense reports; composing and operating with discretion in the preparation of a range of correspondence including highly confidential documents, ; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plan, coordinate and ensure the CEO's schedule is followed and respected, with appropriate discretion. Provide a "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO's office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Work closely and effectively with the CEO to proactively keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Act as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated.
- Provide leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manage a variety of special projects for the CEO, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO's ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Provide Board of Directors Support and act as liaison
- Serve as the CEO's administrative liaison to Guestlogix’ board of directors
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members
- Coordinate all aspects of Board Meetings – room booking, catering, etc.
- Attend and minute all Board Meetings
- Assist in creation of all Board Materials – Presentations, minutes, binders, etc.
Provide support to the Senior Management team:
- Participate as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending meetings as required
- Manage and coordinate the weekly agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings
- Facilitate cross-divisional coordination of travel and outreach plans
Manage the Office Environment and Events:
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies, arranging office lunches, building management liaison, and managing office supply and equipment vendors.
- Organisation of all company-wide meetings
- Perform general administrative tasks such as filing, photocopying and drafting correspondence
You make our crew stronger with:
- 7 to 10 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in a technology organization
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, and partnership development
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, and external partners
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
- Emotional maturity; operates with discretion, initiative, and proactivity, and anticipation of the needs of leader’s needs
- Resourceful and adaptable
- Team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
Working with our crew at Guestlogix:
Join us on our journey to make air travel a great experience again. Our crew enjoys a comfortable, open and casual environment, collaborating with an exceptional team of Agile based technology innovators. You have the flexibility and autonomy to innovate within small teams to build the ‘first to market’, mobile-first platform, using modern tools and methods. As if that is not enough, we provide you with a competitive salary and benefits, and provide you with the flexibility to manage work and life, along with virtually unlimited developmental opportunities to grow your skills and learn together on our journey.